Monday, August 9, 2010

Lace Front Tank top Refashion -- Tutorial


Well its a two post kinda day...

I got this tank at a garage sale for .25 so I decided it would be a good place to start with some tutorials:

First either measure the neck line, all around, or do it the cheater way like me and just take your lace and wrap it around the neck to see how much you need



Pin the lace around the neck line and stitch, I chose to stitch around both the top and the bottom of the lace, this really depends on what kind you are using and its up to you.




Take more lace and cut gradually decreasing strips for the front, lay they out so you can get a general idea of what it will look like.


I cut my ends at an angle, this again is something thats up to you, and depends on what type of lace you are using

Pin the first strip and sew each strip

Here is the finished product...I added a lace bow at the top and also took more lace and sewed it along the bottom.




I hope this is helpful in some way, its not my absolute favorite shirt, but it turned out pretty good. Please leave comments of anything I could change or what you like about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment