Saturday, August 7, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

I'm sure the title of this blog entry is not uncommon, but it works for me so I'm using it today ;)

I was around the house this morning, playing with Kaden and Peyton, emptying the dishwasher and thinking about what my next project will be and it got me thinking about what my favorite things are. Most of these will have to do with sewing, but I may think of some others as I go along.

1. Of course my most favorite "things" are my little ones...
Kaden
and Miss Peyton


2. Ruffles! (which is very awesome for me because they are everywhere right now)

3. Buttons 
they can just add so much to a garment, even if they aren't actually being used as "buttons" I made a toddler dress yesterday that has a long column of buttons, I'm waiting to get pictures, but its very fun! One of my favorite blogs to read Made By Lex will often put interesting buttons on her clothes, I especially like the buttons used on these tops  made for her daughters.

4. Pleats
(as you can tell I pretty much love anything that adds interest to clothing, These things can all add so much, even when using tone on tone. Its just that little something extra

5. Weddings
I absolutely love weddings, I'm slightly cynical right now and I have a hard time with the Marriage part (yeah I know, thats sad but after what I've been through it shouldn't be a surprise) But the Wedding part is always so fun and beautiful
Here is a Photo from my wedding

6. Cooking and baking


Well I best get back to life, rooms to clean, kids to feed, life to be lived. More sewing projects in the workings, I'm also working on getting some tutorials put together. Possibly on on making fleece sweatshirts. I'll have to see how the first one turns out though! Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment